Monday, August 22, 2011

We're Busy Making Memories


swoosh on swoosh on swoosh on swoooosh

2 am commenced the road trip of dreams.

Big shout out to Ana #1 and her man the Words With Friends Ninja, MrBuys for not leaving me on the side of I-5 with the hitchhikers and road kill. I probably would have left me...especially after I locked my keys in the trunk. See what happens when you over-pack, under-sleep, AND come back with the entire Nike Employee store? Someone put me in a cage I'm out of control...but so happy :)

After a quick cup of coffee, retrieving my phone from the resturant I left it in, and being rescued by Geico's super-efficient emergency roadside assistance, I said my real goodbyes to Tatiana and Joe (the most solid road trip team you'll ever come across) and bounced back to the Bay...on the free bridge side of course. 

I was counting on this silent drive to let God give me the clear answer I have obviously been missing for my impending move. LA or Portland? Where am I supposed to be next? I've gained more insight, more opinions, and a ton more life-long memories but it truly isn't 100% clear one way or the other. 
But then again why would it be? Here's where that thing called faith is going to come into play. I know I've got to just jump in, work, and keep my goals within sight. One location or the other isn't going to make or break God's plan for me. That guy ain't going to let me and my mind mess get in the way of where I'm supposed to be...kind of makes me laugh that I feel that pressure to even make a "right" decision. I really don't have that pull in this thing called life. Silly girl...

I still don't know what I'm doing and it's basically decision day. I'm still in PJs and feeling pretty gross but that's only because of my roadtrip hangover (I'm still car sick and my knees are broken. For reals). I'm confident in the fact that the decision I end up going with will be the right one...because it has to be. And if it doesn't go anywhere I just redirect, refocus, and keep moving forward. 


Thankful today for the orchestration of this past weekend, for the new people in my life and their investment in me. 

Oh and for not getting left on the side of I-5.




No comments:

Post a Comment